At Kuffert Kompagniet, we take pride in delivering top-notch service. That's why we always assist our customers with, among other things, damaged luggage, whether your suitcase has been damaged during your journey or stay.
We are trained through several of the brands we carry and, therefore, perform repairs on brands such as TUMI, SAMSONITE, and KKDK in our own workshop.
Furthermore, we are proud to have a close collaboration with airlines like SAS and others, where we help with damaged cases. Below, you can see how our service works:
What should I do if I have an issue? Send an email with the following information to us at Info@kuffertkompagniet.dk:
- Provide a detailed description of the damage to the product.
- Attach a picture of the product and a picture of the damage.
- Attach a copy of the receipt. If the item was purchased in our webshop, please provide the order number. If the damage has been reported to the airline, include the damage report.
If you have a RIMOWA, TUMI, or SAMSONITE product, please make sure to provide us with the suitcase's serial number.
- The product can be dropped off at our address, Bakkegårdsvej 406, 3050 Humlebæk, Denmark.
- Pick-up after repair should be at the same location as drop-off, unless otherwise agreed.
- By prior arrangement, delivery to a business address or parcel shop can be arranged through GLS.
- Shipping fees apply for products sent after repair, in accordance with the applicable price list. Typically, shipping for suitcases under 5 kg costs around 110 kr. and is delivered within one day.
- If the damage has been reported to the airline, please bring the damage report.
- If the item is not collected within 3 months after notification of completion, the storage responsibility is waived, and the product will be disposed of or, if possible, sent for recycling.
- In many cases, we can perform the repair in our workshop while you wait, provided we have the necessary spare parts in stock.
- Please ensure that the product is emptied and vacuumed inside before drop-off.
- In case the repair needs to be carried out abroad, a repair time of up to 6 weeks may be expected.
- For repairs at our own workshop, price estimates can be provided before the repair begins.
- The price for repairs abroad is not known in advance, and price estimates cannot always be provided before the repair, as this can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer.
- After notification of repair completion, please collect the product within 1 month from this date. If the item is not collected within 3 months after notification of completion, the storage responsibility is waived, and the product will be disposed of or, if possible, sent for recycling. Unless otherwise agreed, a storage fee of DKK 500 per commenced month is imposed, up to a maximum of DKK 1500.
- A processing fee of DKK 350 (50 euros) including VAT is always charged if the item was not purchased from us.
- If the item was purchased from us and is covered by warranty, there is typically no charge.
- Payment for repairs is made upon pick-up unless otherwise agreed in advance.
- With a valid damage report, we can settle directly with the airline in some cases.
Warranty and Complaints
- In general, most products come with a minimum of 2 years warranty. If you are unsure about the warranty period, we recommend contacting the store where you purchased the item. This warranty does not cover damages caused by transport, such as those resulting from rough handling by an airport handling company. In such cases, please contact the airline from which you purchased this service. Further warranty information can be found in the product's manual.
- If you have a complaint about a product that was not purchased from us, we charge a processing fee of DKK 350, even if the product is covered by warranty.
What should I do if I cannot find the receipt for my damaged suitcase or bag?
- If the suitcase was not purchased from us, our staff can perform a professional assessment of your suitcase. Please bring your suitcase to our address, Bakkegårdsvej 406, 3050 Humlebæk. The assessment of the suitcase costs DKK 350 and takes about 20 minutes. If you have had your suitcase assessed by us and later decide to purchase a new suitcase from us, we will provide a corresponding discount of DKK 350 on your first purchase when you present the receipt.
Handling of Personal Data
- Integrity and personal data are an integral part of our business strategy. We store and protect personal information in accordance with danish laws.